Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Back to Work Yet Again



Weather is still all over the place lately, but today was a true spring day, almost a summer day.  My original plan for today was to be preparing for the first day of the latest round of woodcut classes in Belmar, but with one day to go I had just one student, which is not a practical class load.  Yesterday we made the call to cancel the class.

So with spare time and a beautiful day, I decided to go up to the Studio and continue with my boardwalk reprinting project.  Did the printing for these new ones a few weeks ago and finally getting to the coloring phase.  The sunny, dry, non windy conditions (a rare thing this year) made it practical to carry my prototype copy of the Tattoo Studio print to the car, and to the Studio.  The new proof was already in the Studio.  I always start coloring with the lightest colors, which goes back to the way I was taught to do watercolors.  Today I put in some skin tones and a few other light colors.  Some lemon yellow mixes on the woman's shirt, some naples yellow mixes for the guitar and the ventral surface of the dragon.  My prototype piece has much in common with the final version, but I realized there may be a few differences and it's been years since I created them, so I should check some things on the final version of the print before coloring any more sections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home