Monday, April 03, 2017

Lonely Critique


Things have been kind of crazy around the Studio building of late- St Rose is using the theater spaces in preparation for something, overrunning the building at times.  With that in mind, I decided to get up there a little extra early today, well before the time I might normally get up there for the monthly critique.  I have plenty to do, and some of it can and should be done there.

Shortly after my arrival I was surprised by another- Molly.  I hadn't seen her in that building in months, though I did know she was working sometimes, as I'd see evidence in our space.  And it was still about three hours before tonight's critique was scheduled.  However she wasn't going to stick around that long.  She was reapplying photo emulsion to a screen (previous attempt hadn't worked), and then storing it in the usual safe dark place to leaves them to dry.  And then she was gone.


Meanwhile I got going on my main task for the afternoon, pulling another proof of the most recent supermarket print.  This is the third proof so far, after the initial test proof and the first editioned proof, now in a frame and hanging in Belmar.  Today I was filling an order, someone who told me of her intention to buy the piece, and since she made good the last time she did this, it was definitely worth getting the proof pulled.  Left it in the rack to dry, cleaned up, etc.

At critique time I was the only one there.  Half hour later I was still the only one there in the Studio, and decided that was unlikely to change.  So I put everything away and headed home.  What does this mean for the future?  Not really sure.  At the time I was locking up, I was thinking I was unlikely to host any more of these any time soon.  None of the people I had sent information to had replied, positively or negatively, and last week Molly told me she has no plans to come for the next few months.  But when I got home tonight I found I had two replies that had come in after I had left for Ocean Grove, but well before the official start time.  I'll have to think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home