Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Back to Work Yet Again part 12



When I woke up this morning I was hearing lawnmowers, like every Wednesday.  That told me it wasn't raining at the moment as expected.  Later I learned that the rain had already passed through and out to sea.  Still, we had gotten all the planting work done yesterday, so I had today available for art.

On the way to the Studio I stopped in Belmar to update Rebecca on why I hadn't yet posted images from last week's guest visitors.  While there I learned that my woodcut class now has a second sign up- it looks like the class will be happening, and with three weeks before the starting date, maybe we'll get more.  I was told that this new student found out about the class doing a google search for a woodcut class.  Later at home I did a similar search of woodcut class NJ and there was my Belmar class on the first page.  I don't have a lot of competition for woodcut classes.

Meanwhile, work progresses on the boardwalk print coloring.  Late last year my customer mentioned the possibility that she might come up this way for a spring visit, but a more recent e-mail has her thinking winter again.  Still a good idea to get this done and be ready whenever she's ready to claim it.  Added some blues today, as well as touching up lots of other colors.  Don't know if I have enough black and white to make all the grays needed for the pizza ovens, ice cream machines, and the huge sausage and peppers grill in the foreground, though I did color the gulls and some other small gray things.  In fact, everything but those large metallic things are done, so one more trip may be enough to finish this job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home