Thursday, May 04, 2017

Corporate Show




As I mentioned a few days ago, I agreed to be part of a show organized by the Belmar Arts Council and held in a corporate gallery space in my current hometown of Wall.  Someone I knew had questions about upcoming shows, and since I had nothing else that I had to do today, it seemed a good day to check it out and find out more.  Got the address from the BAC site, looked up the location/directions on my computer's map site, and took a ride there in the early afternoon.  Even with directions it wasn't easy to find- signs around this corporate park are misleading or non-existent.   Not a huge show- about 15 to 20 pieces were accepted.  The space is actually a large corporate dining hall, with all the art on a long interior wall opposite a large wall of windows to the outside.   The problem with that is that even on a not particularly sunny day like today you get major reflection on the glass in the frame, especially when you try to see it/photograph it directly.  Luckily I didn't need to photograph these works for anything.  Just needed some general shots for the BAC blog, and I was able to shoot mine (below) from an angle to eliminate the mirror effect.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home