Friday, May 26, 2017

Back to Work Yet Again part 13



I had not an opportunity to stop by an art supply store the past few days, and I didn't want to drive to one just for a single tube of watercolor paint, so I decided to see if I could manage with what I had in stock.  Had a small tube of white, and a broken half tube of completely dried black.  Dried watercolor paints are not as convenient to use as liquid paints squeezed from a tube, but they can still be used.  In fact, most of the watercolors I used in coloring these pieces were dried mixes of common colors of my palette.  It's just harder to mix, but I needed a bunch of grays so I got to work.


The main thing I had left for today was a bunch of grays- the ice cream machines in the back, the pizza ovens in the back of the other corner, and the sausage and peppers grill in the foreground, plus some other minor things.  Took a few hours, but it's all done now.  Below are the two boardwalk prints that I pulled and colored specifically for this purchase.  I'll give them one last look next week, then sign and stamp them and pack them until my customer is ready to pick them up.  At one point she had been talking about coming back to the Shore for a spring visit, but that never happened.  And despite the fun to be enjoyed on the boardwalk in summer, the crowds and hassles keep me from recommending it to visitors.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home