Tuesday, May 30, 2017

St Georgia part 2



I arrived at the Studio to see a rare Molly sighting, but she was on her way out.  Also ran into Jackie at the building's front door, but she came back a little later.  As I was cutting she was doing something  at the sink, but then had a problem and called me over.  Couldn't get the water to shut off.  The faucet is doing nothing right now.  Short term solution was to use a shut off valve to stop the water from reaching the sink, but that's not a good long term solution.  Told Herb about it and he complained about all of us.  Maybe he'll get it fixed, maybe not.  Meanwhile I called a left Molly a message so she's know about it.  Early in my Studio visit I dropped off the paperwork for the upcoming show.  I received a few postcards, which tell me that the opening reception will be Sunday afternoon, and I believe there will be some refreshments.


My main task today was starting the carving of the new block.  Since I am planning to use this piece as my entry in a bird themed show, I have a deadline to meet, two weeks from Friday.  Leading up to my MFA show, I was regularly producing one whole block per day, so I'm not worried.  Finished cutting out all the sky today, and I'll be back for more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home