Wednesday, May 31, 2017

St Georgia part 3




Late last night I typed up an artist statement for my piece in the upcoming Ocean Grove show.  As the piece is almost 20 years old, I know it well, so this was not difficult to write up. Sent a copy by e-mail to the show organizer, and told her I bring a hard copy today.  In the morning I added a title and my name to that statement and printed it out.

Got to the Studio in the afternoon, dropped off the statement in the office, then headed downstairs to continue my block.  Today I started cutting some areas within the architecture, doing most of the tower, and starting work on the semi-circular apse in the foreground.  More birds have been outlined, but I still haven't cut within any of them yet.  I ended up stopping because I realized I still hadn't resolved all the architectural drawing in these areas, and decided I should do that before I cut any more.  There will always be more time tomorrow.

Each time that I participated in the WinterFest, I was given a whole small wall to fill, right down on the first floor.  The walls on that floor are already filled and no sign of mine, so I asked the organizer yesterday what the plans for my piece are.  She said that she was still working things out, but was leaning toward having it up on the 3rd floor by the yoga studios, adding that it's a busy part of the building, so lots of people will see my piece.  So after I was done cleaning up, I took my stuff to my car, then took the elevator up to the top floor.  Somewhat disorganized still- some things on walls, some empty walls, lots of tools, ladders, etc.  However, it was true, a lot of people around, especially kids, on a floor that was still closed to the public a few years ago, so maybe this will work out ok.  Not quite as easy to visit as the 1st floor, but we now have multiple stairways, plus a working elevator, and enough stuff going on to lure people up there.  The opening will be Sunday, June 4th, 3 to 6 pm.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home