Friday, May 17, 2019

The Narwhal part 4


I had business up in Ocean Grove today, so I decided to also continue work on the Narwhal project.  A few nights ago I had some spare time and used the computer to look up more images and videos of narwhals, see if I could settle any issues.  For example, there is a spiral aspect to a typical narwhal horn, and I was curious as to if there was a standard direction.  Based on photos I found, it seems not.  Even the horns can point in different directions, up, down, etc. Markings on the side of the whale can vary a lot as well- plain, monochromatic, or spotted, shades from light to dark.  So when I got to the Studio, I used pencil and a marker to make few adjustments, then cut all the white out.


The one thing I'm still not sure of is what to do with the water.  I'll think about that for the next few days.  For the next few days it will be difficult to get up there, with the Seafood Festival traffic occupying most of the roads between home and the Studio. Plus I still have some grading to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home