Monday, June 17, 2019

The Narwhal part 13



Had some free time today, so I decided to press ahead with this narwhal print.  For music, went with a disc my friend Doug had made for me years ago- an album from Shazam member Hans Rotenberry and his longtime collaborator Brad Jones, called Mountain Jack, and Street Songs of Love from Alejandro Escovedo.  After having looked at the photos of the first color proof, I decided that some of it was definitely working well. The cool gray color I had created for the whale body I liked, and I had more of that ready to go, so I put that to use. The tusk and the underside of the iceberg are standard tube colors, so nothing to mix.  The browns used in the mud of the ocean floor are also standard tube colors ready to go, so I got some of those down as well.  Because the colors were already mixed or chosen before I started, some of this went faster than the first time around, but at the same time I took a little more time coloring each section.  As a result, only half finished, but what's there looks good.  I'll finish the whole thing next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home