Monday, June 10, 2019

The Narwhal part 10


Late last night, I checked the website for the Jersey Shore Arts Center and found the classes I am teaching are finally mentioned on the home page.  Gives my name and the names of the classes.  Unfortunately, that's it.  No way to register, and if you find your way to the other page on the site that has a mention, it still has an incorrect time for one of them.  No registration there either, but under the circumstances, that may be for the best.  At least now the class is less secret, and if anyone runs across this and wants to know more, the real information can be obtained.

I had hoped to talk to Nichole about this today, and some other related things, but she wasn't in.  But the trip wasn't a total waste.  I did want to check the status of my two proofs from last week, and found the ink was still a little wet.  Not smeary, but did leave a residue on my fingers when I touched it- needs a few more days to be dry enough to color.  I suppose I could have pulled a third proof of the block, but with the constant rain, I didn't want to try to move my paper in from the car.  (more mist than heavy rain at times, but any water can be dangerous for paper)  One thing I could do safely was repair the hole made by hand rubbing the first proof.


The paper from the torn spot was still attached at one side, just scrunched up a bit.  Easy fix.  I carefully pulled the paper back over the hole, smoothed it, flipped the print onto its face, tore another small piece of okawara big enough to cover the hole, and glued it in place with a little pva. Left it in the rack to dry.  This kind of thing would be enough to eliminate this proof from an edition, but it's fine for this test proof.  I'll try my luck with coloring later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home