Friday, June 07, 2019

Bird Tales on Display



On the way back from the Studio I stopped by Belmar and today the Boatworks was open.  Sandy Taylor was in measuring wall space for an upcoming show.  The theme then will be large paintings and already she's being contacted by people with paintings larger than any wall we have, so she figured they better see what space they have before they accept anything.  I'm pretty sure we have these measurements somewhere, but no one knows now, so I suggested when she is done to make many copies and hide them in every file in the place, so we'll be ready next time.

I found my piece in the back room, which explains why I didn't see it looking through the windows of the darkened gallery a few days ago.  (Sandy mentioned that someone was supposed to be gallery sitting that day to let people in, but my experience tells me that didn't happen) The pairing of my small piece with pigeons and the church and the very large painting of the white bird (from what I can see in this photo, it looks like some kind of spoonbill, but I'll check again tomorrow) seems odd, but I like that large painting, so I like the combination.  I'll have more photos of the whole space following tomorrow's reception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home