Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The Narwhal part 14


Wanted to finish coloring the 2nd proof of the narwhal print today, so once I got my office concerns taken care of, I was down in my space working on that.

I had decided that I liked the color choices I had made to this point, and on this second proof I had two big things remaining- the iceberg and all that ocean water.  First, put on a home made disc, with the entire relatively short Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings album 100 Days 100 Nights, and I filled up the rest of the disc with excerpts from a bonus disc included with the album, Binky Griptite's Ghetto Funk Power Hour, a pseudo-radio show staring the band's guitarist, along with a mixing board, a microphone, and a collection of the label's r&b and soul records.  (real or not, very compatible with the retro-soul sound of Sharon Jones, and just as enjoyable)

For the iceberg, I ended up going with what I did last time, mostly white with just a hint of pthalo blue.  My first try at the ocean I had gone with washes of indigo.  It's a color I like very much, but this  felt a little heavy, and kind of dull.  At first I had thought about playing around with the washes of that color, but then decided to go with something else I had mixed up already-  a mix of indigo, ultramarine, and white, created for use on the St Dwynwen print from early this year.


The overall value was fairly similar, but this new ocean color was a little more intense blue. So far I like it better, but eventually I will make a decision, and then figure out how to deal with the last proof that I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home