Friday, April 26, 2024

Terraplane Blues part 8

 I assumed I'd be asked to accompany my parents shopping today, but they decided to go on their own, freeing me up.  I figured I shouldn't waste the day, so went back to the Studio once more.  I brought the good tools and one disc from my Studio rock/pop book, Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. a copy burned from an official label release.  I wrote about this band and album on the blog back in June of 2020 if you want to know more.  No particular reason- I just felt like listening to it, and it seemed like the kind of thing these characters would like.  

After dropping off a few things, I went to the office. Jeanne was there, but was in a meeting with someone.    If she wanted to find me, she knows where my space is.  So instead, I got back to work on the latest block.    I picked up where I left off yesterday, with the car.  Some of the veneer started to peel off, so I had to use some glue here and there and let it dry before going back to those areas.  Made me wish I had an x-acto knife, but while I had blades with me, the handles are all with my class tools.  Should move one of those to my good set.  Meanwhile, a little white glue and care got it done.

Got a lot done, but one thing I wasn't sure of was the small section of the body just to the right of the bumper, on the corner.  Was it black or a gray?  Not being sure, I left it alone for now, and will check my source photo to see what it is.  Further looking at the interior of the engine compartment at home, I may have been able to do a little more cutting in there.  I'll decide about all that before my next studio visit.  Results can be seen below:

As with yesterday, when the music ended, I decided to clean up, pack up, and head home.  At first my camera said my memory card was locked, which did not allow me to take any photos.  However, that happened to me once before, and so I had looked it up.  I learned how to fix it then, and remembered that today, thus the above photo.  Never did see Jeanne, but it can wait until next time.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home