Tuesday, April 16, 2024

More Printing

 The print I have in the rack is pretty much dry, so I decided to print the second ordered print today.  Another beautiful almost summer day here in April, so a good day to drive up to Ocean Grove.  Got there and found the sink in the basement was full of red stuff.  Maybe ink, maybe paint, I don't know, except that it didn't come from me.  And I doubt it came from Molly, as we have a sink in our space, and she probably wouldn't be using the men's room if we didn't.  I worked around it and got to work.

Once again I brought selections from my newly acquired cassette library.  Two label produced tapes- Steely Dan Gold by Steely Dan, and Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits 1974-1978 by the Steve Miller Band, of course.  Plus one home recorded tape- assorted songs from the Who.  The two label produced compilations follow double album compilations from earlier in their careers, both of which I have on vinyl, so in storage.  Also in each case, I was able to get the second side to play by repeatedly pressing on the play button until it worked.  As far as the Who songs, I have no idea where I taped it from.  Not any album I have on vinyl or disc or cassette.  I know that many of the songs come from different albums originally, from the 1960's to the 1980's, again mostly things I don't have.  That all three tapes were in this particular box was probably because I had other things by the same bands on my CD shelf, including some of the same songs.  In any case, all music to listen to as I worked, and for that need it did the job fine.

Work today was continuing on my print order.  I decided today to take on the two copies of Love In Vain that were requested in Virginia.  Or at least one of them.  With clean hands I tore the paper to the right size, put on my apron, got out some ink, and began the process.  As the music played, I inked and printed. 

When I was done, I had another copy of the print with the lyric, as requested.  Everything in the image area is fine, but there are a few flaws in the margins- marks and such.  If I can remove them by erasing or trimming, I can still use this print.  If not, I'll have to print yet another one, and save this print for another purpose.  A mat would cover the marks, and the print itself is a good one. 

So that's now maybe two down, and two to go.

After the printing session there was still a bunch of the red stuff in the sink, and near and around the wastebasket in the basement bathroom, so I decided to report it to the office on my way out.  The door was unlocked, but no one was in there.  Hopefully they find out before Sunday's event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home