Tuesday, April 09, 2024

2024 Tournament of Art part 4

 We just had the final weekend of the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament.  It's probably no surprise that UConn won, repeating as champion, something that rarely happens, and may happen even less, with reformations in the college game that give players more rights.  I predicted this, and also the opponent they beat, which probably a lot of other people did as well, as the two teams were dominant this year.  I ended up picking 43 games correctly out of 63 games that were played.  Not great, but not bad.  My art schools have all been gone for a while. (I don't include a school like Purdue, which has a head coach who had previously coached at one of my art schools- such things don't count in my way of thinking)

What this means is that schools from the Big East won both the NCAA and the NIT basketball tournaments, and in the two games those winning teams played against each other this year, they split.  Yet so many other conferences were given more teams in the NCAA than the three the Big East got in.  That committee has some things to explain.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home