Thursday, March 28, 2024

Terraplane Blues part 2

 I had the block back in the Studio today, continuing work on drawing the image area.  I had done some work on the block at home over the past few weeks, getting done a lot of it, though at this point, I don't know if they are final versions or not.  I wanted to have something to show to my guests earlier this week, and I did.  I have the two main figures more or less done, and the body of the car and the engine pretty much what I want.  The open hood of the car has been more of a challenge, as I now have a figure blocking part of the car (the part where the hood meets the car body) and my source doesn't.  I have drawn it many times unsatisfactorily, but I think today's version is the best so far.  In any case, I am moving on to the background for now. 

As I as doing all this drawing, I did have some music on.  I had brought with me from the pile of loose discs my home burned Morphine disc, containing their first and most of the last album.  You can read what I wrote about it back on this blog back in December of 2019 if you want to know more.

Still not showing it here, but I hope to have it all filled in and ready to show sometime next week.  I'd like to have the drawing done and be ready to cut it at the open studio in about 3 and a half weeks.  When I have something worth showing, you'll see a photo here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home