Monday, April 01, 2024

2024 Tournament of Art part 3

 Getting to it a little faster this week...

Teams are dwindling now, just four left at this point.  Last round we had 16 at the start, and I had one art school left.  Next round was down to eight, but I still started off with one art school- University of Illinois.  However in that round, they played UConn, which looks unstoppable right now.  UConn won the game and moved on to the Final Four.  They are joined by Purdue, which also looks unstoppable right now. I did pick those two teams to make the Final Four, so that's two teams I got right. The other two teams still alive are Alabama and North Carolina State. I have to give some props to NC State, which was seeded #11, but has beaten a #1, a #3, a #4, and a #6 on the road to get to the Final Four, perhaps another example of the committee really not knowing what is going on with these teams.  (Seton Hall, left out of this basketball tournament despite coming in fourth place in the Big East, is currently in the Final Four of the NIT) 

I have the two teams I have in all the remaining games, so I am in good shape.   (this wasn't just me picking chalk, but teams I have seen play this year, and know what they can do) So in about a week I'll know if I at least picked the games right, even if all my art schools are gone now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home