Thursday, June 27, 2024

Old Habits are Hard to Break

 I wasn't sure about going to the figure group today, but I know I won't be going for the next few weeks, so I decided to get in a day of drawing this week.  Got there on time, with only a few people in the room at the regular start time.  But the model was a few minutes late, and more artists came in, so it was pretty crowded in there when we started.  Joe was there, so we did the usual 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and finally 20 minute drawings.  I had sharpened some various B pencils for most of them, saving charcoal and my large pad for the last ones.  


Not my best day of drawing, but with the coming weeks off, I decided to stick it out.  Some of my pencil drawings weren't bad, but a few weren't great (short poses are not my strength) so I decided not to post any photos of those.  And for the longer charcoal drawings, they all wanted to move the couch to the middle of the room and the model took reclining poses, which made it almost impossible to see her where I set up.  Had to move to one empty spot around the tables just to get the above drawing.  Next time the group meets it will be in a different room, so maybe things will be different.   Also that will be after I have a model in to pose for the newest prints, so I may have to decide if I want to keep doing this.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home