Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Boardwalk Days part 34

 Back to work on the boardwalk today.  I had brought my good tools, and my collection of pop/rock discs. The latter was planned, due to things that happened recently.  Today was destined to be a Pixies sort of day.  First, I saw a reaction video over the weekend to two songs from the Pixies last studio album (in their original incarnation), Trompe Le Monde.  It's probably the album of theirs I have listened to the least, partly because it was the most recent of theirs, and partly because it's probably my least favorite.   Not that  it's a bad album, because it's not, but it does have the feel of their last effort.  Later I learned that one song is actually a remake of one from their original demo, but not released yet.  It's a loud album, but I don't know if that was a producer decision or the band's idea.  Not many biblical references this time, but the UFO thing is still a part of it.  While not my favorite Pixies album, I did feel it was good enough to make a copy to keep in the Studio, which is why I have it now.  Then yesterday Dave sent me the video for the new Kim Deal single.  Kim was the bass player and back up singer (plus an occasional lead) for the Pixies in their original form, but even then she had a side project, The Breeders, who had their first album come out while she still had a few Pixies albums to go.  When her main band broke up in the early 90's, she did the other full time for a while.  I had the early Breeders releases (vinyl and cassette) and put the first 3 on a single disc a while ago, with a copy for the Studio.  I've listened to it from time to time and even wrote about it back in January of 2020 if you want to know more. This new single is credited as a solo project, though it does sound like work she did with the Breeders. 

So today I was continuing work on the current boardwalk print.  I still haven't checked that photo I have of the large plant, so I cut around that today.  However, there is a lot of detail in Convention Hall, so the hour and a half I put in was very busy.  I finished most of that building, and the tall street light on that side. What this tells me is that I need to deal with the two main uncut areas soon- that plant and whatever I am putting on the beach in the other panel.  Meanwhile, what I did today can be seen below:

While there today I checked on all the proofs from last week, and all seem to be absolutely dry.  It looks like they will be safe to sign and frame later this week, so I am on schedule for the upcoming show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home