Thursday, September 26, 2024

Traveling Riverside Blues part 7

 Thanks to a sleep study I was prescribed a few nights ago, I decided it was safest to have speech therapy on a Thursday instead of my usual day, and the only time available was 2:00 pm.  However, that meant I had time to get to the Studio in the morning first to get some more work done on my current block, the latest Robert Johnson piece.  Made sense to listen to some blues while I did it, and I had brought the copy I made of my last radio show (the only disc I currently have that has any Johnson on it), but for some reason it wouldn't start in my box.  Time was limited, so rather than try to resolve that problem (it's happened before and I know this disc works), I just went with a different disc I had there, my live Bob Marley collection, written about back on October of 2021 if you want to know more.  

I knew I could finish the female figure, and thought I would likely finish the wall behind her, and maybe I would have time to do the floor.  As it was, I got to all three in the allotted time.  Results can be seen below:

So far I like what I see, but I won't really know what I have until I roll some ink on this block, and that will have to wait until next week.  At this point I think I have done everything I can do with it other than print it and see what it looks like.  Once I do that, I can decide it it is cut enough, or needs more to make the drawing more clear, or the value balance better. If it is good, or needs very little change, I can go ahead and print a show-worthy proof, and still have plenty of time for it to dry before I need to frame it for the upcoming show.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home