Monday, September 23, 2024

Traveling Riverside Blues part 6

 I figure about 3 weeks until the next set of prints has to be delivered framed and ready to install, which means I have to finish the block on that last one soon.  That meant a day in the Studio today.  Well, I can think of worse ways to spend my time.  I had discovered a few loose discs already in my bag, so I grabbed my roll of good tools and eventually left.  Had to wait until late to take care of some business involving an upcoming sleep study, but that seems resolved now.  

First thing I wanted to do was talk to Jeanne and make sure she had received the email I sent last week, with all the info for the show next month, but she wasn't in.  Instead there was a meeting of elderly women (volunteers?) going on the office, so I got out of there quickly and over to my space.  I continued working on the latest Robert Johnson print.  I knew from last time that I wanted to continue working on the male figure in the bed, then move on to the area of wall behind and next to the small table lamp.  For music I decided to put on the copy of the albums from Hans Rotenberry/Brad Jones and Alejandro Escovedo that by friend Doug made for me several years ago (written about in June of 2022 if you want to know more).  

It was during the first album that I heard something going on in the hall outside my space.  A lot of noise, but the door didn't open.  Sweeping maybe?  But then the door finally opened, and it was Molly.  I didn't have as much to update her on this time, though I did get confirmation that she got my email last week regarding making a t-shirt for Nellie.  Still not sure if she's going to do it, but she did say that she would definitely contact her.  After that I left her alone and she got to work on her towels, adding another layer of color.  

Meanwhile, I kept working on my current block.  The first album ended, but the disc continued into the second album Doug put on there.  My block went according to plan- first the bed and the guy there, then the large corner- both sides.  Results of today's cutting can be seen below:

Molly had finished what she planned for today (she said she hoped to do more, but had run into people earlier and lost most of her morning), and decided to take off.  I continued work on my block as planned.  By this time I had finished all the bed area, and was working on the walls, following my sketched plans for the area.  The cd finished, then shortly later I did.  I decided that was enough for today and cleaned up.  However, before leaving the building I stopped by the office again and this time found Jeanne.  She verified that she got my email last week, which contained all the requested information, one of only a few who had replied to the note.  Well, the day is not over yet, so maybe she will get a bunch more.  If not, she can put out another request, but my part is done for now.  I do have a lot more to do before then, but the other stuff isn't due for a few weeks.   I won't really know what I have until I print this thing, but so far it's turning out as expected, and I'm more than halfway done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home