Tuesday, September 17, 2024

A Woodcut Show Ends

Got a call last night from my former student, the one who put my work in a show in Asbury Park.  She wanted to let me know that the show was over and coming down the next day, so it was up to me whether I would pick up the works at the gallery, pick them up at her new apartment right away, or pick them up when she came back from being away, in about two weeks.  I decided the best option would be to go get them on Tuesday at the gallery.  I know I can walk that far, and the weather is predicted to be dry.  So that was my plan.

On my way to my car after cutting today I called the gallery to see what was going on there.  If she wanted me to do so, I could walk over there right then, and save myself a trip to Ocean Grove.  I got her, and she told me she was willing to deliver them to the Studio building.  That would be even easier.  Didn't know when that would be- sometime after Mary was picked up to take down her show and 5pm.  So I went home, got some lunch, and took care of other business.  Got back to Ocean Grove around 2:30.  I brought a short disc with me, but didn't even get a chance to listen to all of it before that gallery director called me.   She was on her way, expected to be there in about 5 minutes, and just wanted to know which door to meet her at.  I chose the back door, since the ramp leads right to the basement and I'm there.  So after a few minutes I made my way to the back parking lot.  Not long after that, she arrived, and helped me carry the framed works into my space.  All the gallery information was stuck to the glass, so I took that off.  Leaned them up against my portable tack board, as seen below:

Later I moved them to on top of my table, where I had been keeping them.  This is the first opportunity I have had to see then in a while.  As I thought, I had created new backing before sending them there, so I would only have to do that for the third frame and I'd be set for the next show.  I'll probably just keep them in my space until that next show.

On the way out I took the elevator with Jeanne and the new employee, who seems to be taking Katelyn's place.    (he will have the task of updating our website soon)  I wish him luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home