Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Traveling Riverside Blues part 4

 Determined to finish the lyric part of the image, I got there by a little past 10:00 this morning.  I had cut all the margins yesterday, but had barely started the lyrics, mostly because of Molly's rare appearance in our Studio.  For music I decided to continue listening to that Elvis Costello disc of Molly's, this time starting with the bonus disc.  Turned out to be mostly demos of unused songs (at least on the actual album), a live cover, and only a few alternate versions of the songs that would actually appear on the later album.  Not bad to listen to, but nothing I had been missing before.  If you want to know more about the album, check yesterday's blog post.  Later I listened to the actual album.  I think the right choice was made when deciding what went on the album.  Considering the status of that album, I guess others agree with me.

Cutting letters is fairly routine for me, having done so many. And as I have said many times (and also written), cutting backwards letters takes as much time and effort as cutting forwards ones.  The only one that gave me any trouble was the letter "E" in the first word. as the whole letter came off the block as I tried to cut it out.  Had to glue it down a few times before it finally stayed.  The rest was pretty much what I expected.  Meanwhile, I put on another one of Molly's discs that was also in my collection- Doolittle by the Pixies.  Wrote about my version of it back in October of 2019 on this blog.  I finished this part by a little after noon and decided to head home for lunch, with plans to return to the building in the afternoon.  Results of today's cutting can be seen below:

Molly had left behind the new print she had ordered, but she did take possession of it yesterday, and the process of paying was established, so it's now her problem.  For today, I moved it from my table to one of hers.  She had turned off the radio and all the lights, plus locked the doors and window, so I was not going to complain too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home