Thursday, October 10, 2024

Frame Shop is Open Again

 I have kept up with my schedule, and the next Residents Show will be opening in about a week and a half. I will have prints in the show, because I finished the third print last week, and framed them all today.  I'm showing the latest three prints in my Robert Johnson series, and since all the prints are supposed to be the same size, all the window mats and frames should be the same size.  As a result, last year's frames should be fine for this year.  Time to put that to the test.

I did bring some discs with me from home, which are the discs I had in the Studio in the past, so it's all the same.  Started with the live album I have from the Dream Syndicate, written about back in April of 2020 if you want to know more.  Also brought with me was linen tape, which I would need to make hinges to mount the prints.  Everything else was there in the Studio.  For example, the old frames (still full) were there, my scissors, and a small flat screwdriver just the right size for loosening the screws that allowed me to open each frame.  

First step was pulling out the actual prints to be framed, on my wall, or in my rack.  Next was trimming those that needed it, and using pencil to put titles, edition numbers (all are #1 of their type), and signatures.  I favor a standard format at the bottom of the sheet, though other options are permitted.  (a few weeks ago I told Nellie that it was okay to sign her new prints on the back, since the image came all the way to the edges of the front, and I wasn't lying- I've seen it done that way) Used my Studio scissors to cut linen tape for the hinges, and attached those to the print, and later the backing board.  I cut a new piece of foam core (from materials stored at the Studio) to put on the very back on one frame- the one I didn't have in that Asbury Park show in August.  Even cleaned the plexiglass before putting everything back together.  The only place I noticed any issue was my one horizontal image with lyrics, which used the same frame that I used for a horizontal image with lyrics last time, but that previous one was made a little longer than requested, and the window was cut accordingly.  I decided that cutting a new window mat would take too much time today, and just went with the one I had.  It looked fine and would do.

The only thing remaining is to add labels to the back, identifying the works, the artist, etc.  Not specifically asked for, but I always put them on.  However, that requires a computer, back at home, so I'll add those next week.  Won't take long.  And with that, I was done.

The first disc ended, so I went with a shorter one, Henry's Dream by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, something I've written about on this blog before.  Eventually I put everything back where it was, just with new prints inside the frames.  I stopped by the office to talk to Jeanne, but later found her in the basement hallway.  I don't know if the office will be open on Monday or not (holiday), but she said Tuesday was fine for delivery.  I also asked about the current show, in which I have three other pieces.  At first she thought I was offering to take down other people's work, until she finally realized I also have work in that show.  I was told many years ago that no one would ever care about my situation as much as I would, so if there was anything art related that I cared about, I should make sure it got done.  I guess I will make sure those works upstairs make their way to me next week.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home