Thursday, October 17, 2024

Redeemed?

 I was up early enough this morning to attend the figure group that meets up in Ocean Grove, so I went up there.  Got my stuff from my basement space, and went to the room.  Again, not a huge crowd, maybe 5 or 6 total, but that more than enough to pay the model.  My understanding is that we had another substitute today for the scheduled model, and in any case she was new to me.  As usual we started with gestures, so I started with pencil in my small sketchbook.  Gradually we moved to longer poses, and for the last two I got out my large sketchpad and charcoal.  The first of these was a 20 minute, but I didn't like the results at all, and never even finished it.  She had brought some props with her, and put on some very loose jeans and a cowboy hat for the last 15 minute drawing.  That one is below:

At first I wasn't even sure I was going to stick around and do it, but I figured this was my last chance to produce something decent today.  (earlier shorter pencil drawings were ok, but nothing to write about)  I liked this last one I did the best of today's work, and others complimented it as well.  The model came around at the end to see it and also liked it, asking to take a photo of it.  Maybe it helped that the person handling the music put on some country-ish tunes during the last drawing, and it put me in the mood.  In any case, I was glad that I hung around long enough to do it, as it was much better than the previous piece, which would have been my last one if I hadn't done this.  I took my own photo of it down in my space later.

After that I decided to go over to the office.  Jeanne was in, so I asked her about postcards and flyers and such.  After all, the reception/opening is in less than a week. However, Jeanne admitted she had nothing, and we would probably have them some time after the reception.  She stated she probably should have dealt with it sooner.  Had to agree there, as promotional stuff should be distributed before the actual show, not after it has already begun.  Things have been released about it to the press and online, so at least we have that, and I'll be promoting it online as well, including emails to people who might have an interest in seeing it.  Not much more I can do.  I will put something about it on this blog in the next few days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home