Monday, December 10, 2007

2007 Christmas Card continued



Had an exhausting day at the sub job, and might have gone home, but I decided to take care of some timely business in the Studio. (besides, I stayed home yesterday to do a little book research, and I only get so many hours in a week for art) I continued with my Christmas cards, doing the printing. I had some paper scrap strips left over from tearing paper for another project (likely the last group folio) that were the perfect size. Tore down each in half, so each sheet could now hold two card prints. Spent about 2 hours printing 2 dozen of the cards. Left them in my rack to dry. By the weekend they should be ready for coloring. As mentioned last entry, I'm going to hold off an showing any images on the blog until Christmas, so that the cards remain a surprise for those who receive them. Meanwhile, Molly was also printing whole bunches of cards herself. She had screened some patterns onto small pieces of colored paper earlier, and now was using the silkscreen to overlay a variety of designs suitable for the holiday and other occasions. When the John Lee Hooker disc (burned from vinyl, sides originally recorded in the 40's and 50's) I had in the player ended, it was time to go home and get some dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home