Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Time Is Here Again

The cold weather of the past week and the diminishing students in my classes are signs of the drawing near of Christmas. (so are all the Christmas decorations, such as these in the main hall of the building that hosts the Studio). For me that means it's time to get going on my annual holiday cards. Friends of mine are familiar with these- I take a painting from the history of art and adapt it to a winter/Christmas scene. I came up with this year's idea a while ago, did the block drawing yesterday during some down time at school, and today I cut the block between dropping off and picking up my stuff at the craft sale. Took a rubbing, which looks good. Normally I'd be posting an image of it here, but I don't want to spoil the surprise of what's to come for those who will receive one. So I'll break with tradition, and wait until Christmas to post the results. Just 17 days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home