Saturday, December 01, 2007

Some New Things in My Head

A lot of intense dreams last night. Some while passed out on my couch, and when I finally actually went to bed around 4 am, a few more. Some were art related, which is not unusual for me, but these broke new ground. In one dream I was watching tv, an episode of Sunday Night/Night Music (a wonderfully eclectic music performance program from the early 90's) and saw two of my fellow grads from SIU on the show. (one was Shona, playing a little flute piece while they were going to commercial, don't remember the other now) As soon as I saw it, I thought it was something I would definitely put on this blog.

That's right. I had a dream about blogging.

Well, it was bound to happen. I figure I've created over 400 posts to my various blogs over the past year- kind of surprising it hasn't happened sooner. When I woke up, the first thing I realized was that it was Friday night, so I couldn't have just watched the Sunday evening show, so it had to have been a dream. (that the show has been off the air for 15 years took a little longer to enter the thought process) And as far as I know, Shona never played the flute.

Another dream was related to the mural I've been working on for months. We were now working on a similar one inside, and after a long walk through the woods to get there, I did a little painting, lots of blue water. Went out for a while and came back, to see that someone had painted out much of it with red. I knew this to be the result of an invasion of some group of supervillains, and the dream took an odd turn toward comic book stuff. What matters to me here, is that I did have a dream about painting the mural, another first.

There were other dreams that I remember vividly- waiting in a small office for someone to finish a therapy session, kids playing on a large rooftop park, and going on a motorcycle tour of Southeast Asia with a native female guide (I've never eaten Thai food, but in the dream I liked it, so I may have to try it soon) who helped me avoid some dangerous people, but did introduce me to legendary bluesman Willie Dixon (who was in a club playing some kind of unusual sounding but extremely cool primitive stringed instrument) - but this isn't the place to go into details about all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home