Monday, November 19, 2007

A History of Art part 58


I put in some hours after work at the Studio. First task was to finish the subway signs on the column next to the gallery. My first time riding the subway in NYC was on my first visit to SoHo- my friends and I were dropped off by car, but needed to use public transportation to get home. Subways had once had a reputation as particularly dangerous, especially back in the early 80's, but even at the height of crime in the city millions rode without incident. Since I hate driving in the city, to get around I either walk or take subways, and if I need to cover a lot of ground or need to go quickly, that means a train. For this print I chose 6 random trains, all of which I have used at one time or another to get to and from art- A 2 N 6 L V.

More time was spent on the figure drawing/studio area up on the top level. (normally I would have finished the 5th level first, but I still have much to resolve in the prison section, so I put that off for now). You can find the whole story of my experience with figure drawing in this earlier entry. I left one area uncut tonight, the blank page on the easel. I may leave it blank, or I may put another drawing on it, but if so I have to decide what it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home