Friday, December 21, 2007

Relief Prints in the News

Went online today to see if the article I provided information for ran as scheduled. I eventually found it as part of today's Courier News. So when I walked downtown on some errands this morning, one of them was to stop by the Acme, which carries a large variety of papers, to see if they had it. They did, and a quick peek showed that the article was in there, in the "Kicks" weekend tabloid section. (It may also have been part of the "Pulse" section of sister paper The Home News Tribune, but the online version listed an art article dated last Friday, and the print version wasn't available around here.) As you see here, there was one illustration, a linocut from Mark Estes, one of the other two award winners as well as a student in one of my woodcut workshops. A couple of paragraphs about each artist, and in my case it seems the author made use of the statement I sent him. You should be able to find an easier to read version here for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home