Monday, January 14, 2008

Committee Business

When I got home from work today I had a phone message from someone on behalf of the Exhibition Committee at the Printmaking Council. He wanted to discuss some ideas for upcoming shows in the PCNJ gallery space. I first joined the Exhibition Committee almost a decade ago- the newsletter solicited ideas for shows from members, and when I proposed one (a showing of the Reading Blake group folio that I organized with Tom Huck), they decided anyone who cared enough to suggest a show should be on the committee. Back then we tended to meet fairly often, but the composition of the group has changed a lot over the years, as has my job situation and availability. In recent years we've been meeting occasionally, usually linked to us all being up there for a reception or something, but most of our business has been handled by e-mail. In the evening I called this Andrew, who tells me he's now co-chair of the Exhibition Committee, and we ended up having a long conversation about some of the plans for 2008 and beyond. He mentioned some ideas he and others brought up. I had no specific ideas to offer, but I was able to offer my opinions and suggestions regarding those ideas. The discussion will continue later via e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home