Wednesday, August 06, 2008

August Discussion Group




Another enjoyable critique session in the Studio tonight. We had 7 artists in attendance, all contributing to the discussion. The top photo shows most of tonight's work. Some of the pieces discussed includes Molly's surprising sumi-e paintings (done as a teaching demo, but nice enough that we'd like to see more), Jill's recent dog painting (which Molly and I enjoyed at the recent Asbury show), and Tim's black and white doodle painting (as Tim said, "the more you develop a painting, the less simple it becomes.") As you can see, I showed my two most recently completed prints, the new saint finished today, and the last supermarket print. I put up both proofs of St Leonard, to see if there was a preference. Without stating my opinion first, everyone liked the second "finished" version best, citing the lighter color made it easier to read, among other things. I knew which one I liked already, but it's nice to get some confirmation. As usual, the discussion continued on for a while, finally breaking up around 9:30 pm.

Next critique night will be Wednesday, September 3, 1998 at 7:00 pm. Open to the public. No charge. Just bring some recent artwork and be prepared to talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home