Saturday, December 20, 2008

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 25




Had enough time for a short visit to the Studio today. First I hollowed out the letters I cut last time. Next I drew in short chains of diamond shapes above and below the 25 cent sign, liked it, cut it. Then I cut the edge of the divider that separates the booth from the narrow strip on the far right, changing it from a heavy black line to what will be bands of color. A few other touch ups were done, and now I think I've finished the cutting of the block. Above you can see the right side panel and the whole diptych. I did a rubbing of the second panel (right next to the left side I did last month), to get a sense of the value breakdown. Still not sure about all that solid black in the upper center of the diptych. I'll think about it and decide before my next Studio visit, at which time I'll likely ink it for the first time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home