Thursday, December 18, 2008

Boardwalk Wheel Game part 24

Running errands around the area today, leaving me only a short window to spend in the Studio. I put it to good use. First I cut a small piece of birch off a larger board. This will be for this year's Christmas card. I have the idea, just haven't had time yet to start it. However I was mostly working on the boardwalk block. I cut out the two remaining signs- the prize conversion chart (with all the 3's and 1's) and the 25 cent sign. After looking at various signs from my boardwalk photos yesterday, I decided that rather than worry about the shapes of the letters, I would just deal with orientation and color. The bouncy arrangement I used in PER PLAY is not uncommon in boardwalk lettering. Neither sign is quite done- I plan to cut out the insides of those letters and numbers so that I can color them. I also cut out some of the wall, in front of the counter, but left a few bits in place above and below the 25 cent sign. This was to leave me the option of putting something in those spots, maybe some kind of decorative design. I'll think about it and decide something before I come back again. On my next visit I expect to finish the cutting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home