Saturday, September 25, 2010

Boardwalk Nights part 19

I started the coloring process today on the new print. In the upper right I was experimenting with the smoke clouds. The plan was always to use dark colors in those bands surrounding the exploding fireworks, as if the clouds are just barely revealed by the colored light. It does cause them to sit back considerably compared to the fireworks, which is what I wanted. I'm not sure if this color combination (a mix from red-orange to alizarin to indigo) is exactly what I want, so I left the one patch alone in case I want to try something different there. In the right panel I also put some hot colors on the distant ferris wheel, and some cooler colors on the restroom roof and the foreground street light. In the left panel I started working on some of the signs in the upper half. I'm not sure about any of this yet, and probably won't be until I get some more of color everywhere else. If nothing else, I'll learn what doesn't work, and come up with something better for the edition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home