Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas from Studio Arrabbiata

Last year a major snowstorm, the first of many that winter, delayed the production of my 2009 card. No real snow yet so far this year (though that could change very soon), but just a very busy and late ending semester kept me from getting the whole production done by now. I selected my inspiration (Edward Hopper) a few weeks ago and spent a couple of hours drawing and cutting the block this past Tuesday in the Studio. Brought home my water based printing stuff and pulled a couple of quick proofs yesterday on my dining room table so I could make this prototype in time for today. My plan is to do small production run with oil based ink (the water based ink isn't waterproof and sometimes bleeds back into to watercolor) next week to get out to those friends on my Christmas card list by early in 2011. The media is reporting possible heavy snow coming in tomorrow, so those expecting cards to show up in their mailboxes may have to wait a few extra days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home