Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas is Coming Closer


This last week of classes has me busy, and I hadn't had time to start working on this year's Christmas card.  Spent a lot of time thinking about it, but nothing was drawn, much less cut.  But the day is a week away, and though I don't expect to have them out in the mail by then, I do want to have a finished one to post here next Tuesday.  No school today, so I took my prepared wood and a bunch of books up to the Studio this afternoon.  Sitting down, I had two possibilities in mind, and did quick sketches of each idea.  Based on the sketches on paper, I chose one design and put it on the block.  Took about an hour to cut it, and I pulled half a dozen proofs.  Some proofs are slightly better than others, but all could be used for finished cards if the colors are right.  I'll try to print the rest of the cards and begin coloring toward the end of the week.

As for which painting I chose as my starting point, as is my custom I won't reveal that until next Tuesday, but I'll give you a hint- it can be found in my mid-1980's edition of Gardner's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home