Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Break from the Cold


The past couple of weeks has seen one of the coldest stretches of weather in recent memory.  Nothing below zero, just a long time without seeing the thermometer go far above 20 degrees, and mostly well below that.  Luckily not much precipitation in this time (at least around here), so despite a few close calls, no snow or ice to interfere with my first week of classes.  And now we've been treated to a couple of days of spring weather, though normal winter weather is expected back soon.

Because of the weather issues I had been working at bit at home recently, but the past few days were nice enough that I shifted the work back to the Studio.  Yesterday I started coloring the first of my three new proofs- my surprise project.   Based on the test colors on that first proof, today I fully colored the second proof, and then used what I learned from that to fully color the final proof, giving me one finished print.  I'll give all the details, along with photos of the various states, when I post all this in the near future.  In any case, after all the distractions of last year, I'm glad to have a new print completed in 2013.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home