Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Season Goes On


Christmas Day has come and gone, but as far as I'm concerned, Christmas doesn't truly end until I get all my Christmas cards done and mailed.  I finished printing all of them more than a week ago, and colored enough to have them for family that I'd see in person, but most of the print run was still sitting on a shelf.  I had nothing else that needed doing last night, so I colored the rest of the run in one long session.  Using the prototype that I finished for the one posted here on the blog, I did it in my usual assembly line style, applying the colors one at a time to the whole set, then moving on to the next color.  This image (based on a John Singer Sargent painting) required 11 different colors.  Took several hours, but I finished the set late last night.


This morning I did the folding and trimming steps, which take a lot less time than the coloring.  Late tonight I started writing them out, my goal being to get cards out before New Year's to all those who have actually sent them to me.  I'll get those, and maybe a few others from the mailing list, to the post office tomorrow.  The rest can wait until January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home