Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas is Still Closer



Had some time to spare early in the day, so I decided to get up to the Studio and print the rest of my edition of Christmas cards.  However, before doing that, I decided to check something else first.  I had pulled a practice proof on the new paper last week to make sure that it would print well, and was happy to see that it did.  The proofs I pulled of this year's card a few days ago also worked well.  But I wondered how this stuff would work with my watercolors.  So while my hands were still clean, I took that practice proof from last week and colored it to match my sample of that card.  The watercolor worked fine, so I went and tried copying colors from the original painting.  The first attempt was not quite right, but the paper took the watercolor fine, so I put away the paints and set up to print.  Small prints go fast.  Less than a minute to ink the block, a piece of tape to protect the folded card's back from the printing process, then paper on top (what you see above) and rub it.  Cranked out 14 more cards from the paper I had torn down, then cleaned up and got on with the rest of my day.  I might actually finish making them before Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home