Sunday, January 06, 2013

A New Blog for the New Year



On a few occasions in the past I have taken advantage of these blog sites to set up websites devoted to specific bodies of work.  They are free and allow me to put details about past work up on the web for easy reference.  One of my more popular prints ever is the one shown above, A New Year for America.  It collects stories from all 50 states, Washington DC, and a few national stories, all reported within a few weeks before and after New Year's Day 2003,  and shows them as a single complex landscape.  I think of it as a portrait of America.  Whenever I show it to the public, whether in an exhibition or at a lecture or workshop, people usually ask me to point out how some of the specific states are represented.  This happened most recently this past summer in one of my Belmar workshops. It gave me the idea to set up a blog site devoted to this particular print.  Each Sunday I'll post a detail photo of the print focused on a particular state, and provide the particular story that inspired the image.  Should take 52 weeks, and since the print is linked to the beginning of the year, I decided that the beginning of January would be a good time to start the process.

I've included a link in the permanent list to the right, but here's the address:

www.newyearamerica.blogspot.com

I'll be doing the states in alphabetical order (Alabama is up there right now), so check in once a week to see each update, or come back in 2014 to see the whole set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home