Saturday, January 19, 2013

Black and White Night in Belmar

No, this piece of black and white stained glass looking out over the Boatworks tonight is not a portrait of me, as many in the gallery believed.  (I still have a little more hair than that, and I never wear a bow tie)  But it's a good example of the variety of work on display at the Black and White exhibition.



Tonight was the opening for the salon style (as we call them) exhibition at the Boatworks in Belmar.  A group of volunteers did an amazing job in rehabilitating our building, so we had freshly painted walls and floors to welcome us to our first function since before Sandy.    Above are my two pieces in the show.  Below is the crowd in the back, my spider piece just barely visible on the wall behind everybody.


The crowd got much bigger than this shot from early in the reception- the official estimate was over 100 people in attendance.  More photos and details from the reception can be found here.  Out of the 60 or so works in the show, there were 8 woodcuts- two from me, two each from two of my previous woodcut students (who indicate they want to continue the classes), and two from another artist.  I had them put my Eddie piece in the front room for the discussion, so that's the one I briefly talked about in the salon.  (the artist who did the stained glass piece was able to point to her real model, also in attendance)  The show stays up for a few more weeks, but I don't know if there are any gallery hours yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home