Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Secret of my Success



Getting really close to Christmas, but I am in good shape.  Got all my shopping done, and finished printing a dozen cards so far, enough for those I'll be handing out and for mailing to the people who have already sent me one.  And today I baked my annual Christmas batch of chocolate chip cookies.  This all relates together.  I often get praise for these cookies, which I find a little strange because I am just following the recipe on the Nestle bag.  One thing I do differently from most people, I'm guessing, is that I do all my mixing with a wooden spoon, rather than using an electric mixer.  Takes a little muscle, but it seems to work well.  And these batches of cards I printed over the last week were also done with a wooden spoon instead of a mechanical press.  More effort, but more control is available.  One simple tool helps to create both cookies and cards.

Of course, I'm not using the same spoon to do both tasks.  The ones in the Studio are old, dirty with ink, polished smooth from repeated use, and sometimes cracked, which is how they were retired from cookies, meatballs, etc.  If you don't have a set, go out and get some today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home