Saturday, March 21, 2015

Supermarket Rubble part 22



Back to the Studio again this afternoon to continue my cutting of the new block.  Spent most of my time working on the upper section, filing in grays everywhere, such as the textured asphalt and a little bit of vertical lines.  I also used lines to define the shapes of the trees and other objects, and gave a little rough texture to the planting bed that holds the trees.  Then I took a larger gouge and removed some of that texture I had put down for the asphalt, creating some variation, and I'm hoping building space in the inked version.


Using my v-gouge and smallest round gouge, I finished a few details on the vehicles and in and around the shopping carts.  Below is the whole block as it looks today.


I'm thinking that I'm done now.  Over the next couple of days I'll go over it carefully to see if there's anything that I missed, and on Monday I expect to go in and pull a first proof.  If I like it, I'll declare the piece finished.  If I discover some minor issues I'll try correcting them on the spot and reprinting.  For bigger issues, I can think about it and make changes and print again on Wednesday, and still be able to submit it in time for the Belmar show.  Then I have to think about my next print.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home