Monday, August 29, 2016

What Comes With Autumn



Been a busy summer, working a lot of different jobs.  Now suddenly I realize that it's just about over, just a few days left before September.  As someone who makes the bulk of my income teaching I welcome the beginning of the school year, though things are a bit crazy at the colleges right now.  At my university I finally heard from the full time faculty who was assigned to evaluate my 3D design class this past spring and was shocked to learn that I won't be teaching it this fall.  (he liked it, but the department needs me elsewhere it seems)  But then today I learn I will be teaching 3D after all, but at my community college;  I had noticed it was still unassigned, e-mailed the school this morning offering to cover it, and within minutes I was told it was mine.  Very little happens that fast with colleges, but finding 3D people can be more challenging than 2D people.  I want to have the syllabus ready to be duplicated by our faculty event later this week, so that will keep me busy in the coming days.  Our Dean (who I finally met this summer as part of preparing for my sudden art history class) announced she is leaving to take another job, leaving us with yet another interim supervisor.  Meanwhile, the university decided to move things around from one building to another and wants it done for this week, a semester ahead of schedule, and somewhat inconvenient for fall classes.  (as I write this, my class isn't affected, but we'll see)

However I had one thing to deal with that has nothing to do with all the sudden changes, preparing drawing props for the fall.  These will be put into use in my new 2D class, though I would have needed them anyway for my Basic Drawing class, still on the schedule.  So this afternoon I brought  bunch of empty plastic bottles down to my parents' house, where I keep all my spray painting stuff.  Set up my temporary spray booth and got a coat of white on several objects, the above ones plus one other.  Some touch up will be needed, but this gets my supply of drawing props closer to where I need  it for the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home