Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Busy Day Around the Shore



I woke up this morning with something I haven't seen in a long time- a week before I had to go to any  of my jobs.  Plenty to be done in those 7 days, but not with my employers.

Today included some art related stuff, thus this blog post.  I had gotten a voice mail last week (while at work of course) telling me that my new piece of plexiglass was ready.  On my first day off since then I was able to stop by, bringing the frame so I could test fit it before I left with it.  The plexi fit just fine, so I paid for it and went on to my next stop.

A few stops later was a visit to the Spring Lake Community House, site of the latest Belmar Arts Council show.  The opening reception had been on Sunday evening (I was working and had to miss it), but I am told it was well attended.  The large furnished room is used for a variety of purposes, not strictly an art gallery, but they did find a way to show all the chosen work, nearly 80 pieces.  I was told that my piece was well lit, with a lamp right over it, as you can see from the above photo. And it's at a level that makes it easy to see.  A lot of the work in the show is on high walls or in dark corners.  More photos can be seen on the BelmarArts blog.  This show remains up through March 12, 2017.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home