Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Getting My Hands Dirty



About halfway through the fall semester, and working is pretty much taking up most of my time.  Last week my 2D Design class started their woodcuts, and this week a few fast working students were ready to pull some practice proofs.  Brought in water based ink, which made it easy to clean up that day, and the students were pleased with the results.  Maybe they'll be even happier with better ink next week.  That same 2D class did their final charcoal drawings two weeks ago, and I've been toting them around ever since, waiting for an opportunity to grade them so I can return them.  And now my drawing class is finished with their last charcoal pieces, so today I had two classes worth of charcoal drawings to grade.  Had time for a short Studio visit today, so I decided to take advantage of my big table to take care of a potentially messy task.

At least that thing is now done.  I should go ahead and complete the framing for the 5th boardwalk print soon, including getting a custom piece of plexiglass.  That show is about a month away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home