Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Getting Close


December is about half over- time to get going on this year's Christmas card.  Not that I hadn't given it some thought.  Often they are inspired by some big museum show I had seen that year.  No such luck this year, but maybe something I talked about in the art history class I taught this past summer.  And this past weekend up in Belmar I had a conversation with one of my former woodcut students and we discussed strategies for producing woodcut Christmas cards.  Forecasts are saying we may get our first snow of the season tomorrow.



Well, if I might get trapped at home all day tomorrow, I should probably have something to work on. So I stopped by the Studio briefly this afternoon and sawed off a hunk of wood.  (didn't have my camera with me, so this file photo of Christmas card blocks will have to do- the one I made today is in thicker birch)  Still have to pick a subject, but that's a problem for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home