Saturday, November 26, 2016

Framing Finally Done


Yesterday I decided to take the piece of plexiglass I had picked up a few days ago and to go to my Studio and complete the framing of the 5th and last piece for the show of boardwalk prints that I have opening next week.  Unfortunately, when I started peeling back the protective layer on the plexi, I found some major scratches in the surface.  Not the kind of thing that would go unnoticed.  I tried to stop by the glass place on my way home, but they were closed for the day.


Was it possible that they would blend in to the white of the mat board and not be a problem?  Tested it in the bright morning daylight and saw that this would definitely be a problem.  Once again I tried to stop by my glass supplier, and found that even though the posted hours said they were open at that time, the place was definitely closed.  Holiday hours maybe?  Luckily, before leaving home I checked for other glass possibilities  and found another glass place on the same road, just a little further to the south, so that became my next stop.  And it was open, and they could make me something on the spot.  Given options, I decided to go with actual glass this time.  Slightly heavier, but not likely to get big scratches in it, and since I will be hand delivering it, I don't have to worry about the glass getting damaged in shipping.  And cheaper, too.  Test fitted it before I left to make sure it would fit.  And because there was a pizza place right next door, grabbed a slice to go for lunch.


After lunch I went back to the Studio to put it all together.  I had mounted the print yesterday, so now it was just a matter of sliding everything into the frame, and tightening the screws on the fourth side.   I still need to attach hanging wire to the back, but I have that at home and can take care of that there before I deliver it in a few days.


And while at the Studio, I grabbed a few small pieces of plywood, as it's getting to be the time of year where I have to start working on this year's holiday card.  I spent a little time thinking about possible inspirations yesterday, and will want to start on something within the next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home