Thursday, June 01, 2017

St Georgia part 4



Took care of other business in the morning, and then got up to the Studio in the early afternoon.  No new information about the big show this weekend, though I did see my piece on the 1st floor today.  Maybe I'll be able to get more information on my next visit.

Had two other purposes today.  First, I picked up and packed the two boardwalk prints I had produced this year.  Not new prints, just reprinting ones I had completed a few years ago, but the exhibition this past winter resulted in two being ordered.  Spent the past few months coloring them, as shown on this blog.  Those are now home and safe.

Second, more work on the St Georgia block.  As planned, started by cleaning up and redrawing some of the architectural details in the immediate foreground.  Then I finished cutting everything in the main panel- the architecture, the letters, and even cut out the insides of the birds.   Still have to cut out the letters and expand the margins a bit, but this means I should have it printed by the end of next week, leaving plenty of time to color it before the submission deadline.

Toward the end of the day I learned that I now have a third student signed up for my woodcut class in Belmar later this month.  I'm going to have to order more ink and paper than I had expected, but this is a good thing overall.  I also learned that the corporate gallery space I was recently showing in was very impressed with my contribution (boardwalk Wheel Game print), with one of the gallery people there saying she would have bought it if she could afford it.  Story of my life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home